List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpersonalizer
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-29 5:11:48

On Thursday 28 June 2001 19:15, Richard Stevens wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2001 18:21, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > > 2) print system + printer
> >
> > Sorry, but KPersonalizer is not meant to setup hardware.
> > It's only meant to setup the look&feel.
> > If you need a Wizard to setup your latest greatest hardware contact your
> > favourite distribution to include one.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Tackat

> Or Use Cups with the Webfrontend. It's the best system I know for Inkjets
> anyways....

Yes sure - all what I was saying is that "basic setup of the KDE desktop" as
stated on the first page is missleading - we should call it "setup of the
look and feel of the KDE desktop" -

> CU
>
> RST
> --
> ---
> http://www.richardstevens.de
>
> Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are.

KDE 2 - current CVS on SuSE 7.1, X86Free 4.0.3

regards
Ferdinand Gassauer
mailto:f.gassauer@aon.at
mailto:gassauer@kde.org