List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help, how does the content cached in Konqueror?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-06-28 23:57:16

On Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2001 20:42 Alex Liu wrote:

Hi,

> How does the konqueror cache the html page contents? Can

there is a cache in kio_http and an in-memory cache in khtml (at least one
:). I don't think you can reuse those.

> I reuse that one instead write my own? I took a look at
>
> khtml and kio_thumnails, it seems they all have their own
>
> cache mechanism.

Right. What exactly do you want to cache? Simply store the images on disk? Is
there some way to get notified when the image in the camera changes, so you
can discard/update your cache?

Regarding the back/forward buttons, if your part is embedded in Konqueror,
you probably have a BrowserExtension object, right? There are the methods
saveState() and restoreState(). Those will be called when your part get
[de]activated. So in that QDataStream, you can save some things that should
be semi-persistent (only in memory).

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer