List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail weirdness
From:       Richard Stevens <mail () richardstevens ! de>
Date:       2001-06-28 21:32:26

On Thursday 28 June 2001 23:26, Richard Stevens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just finishing another compile run from CVS, support, libs, base, network
> are through and I started the desktop again. But now I have a really weird
> problem. This time it's a fresh build, I deleted (moved out of the way ;)
> my old KDEDIR.
>
> When starting kmail just by clicking an icon it starts up, is visible for
> just a blink of an eye and dies. Starting from the commandline, nothing.
> Either way, no Dr Konqui.
>
> When I start it with --check and there actually are some mails, it fetches
> them (out of my local maildrop) and stays alive.
>
> The only thing I changed recently is I applied the the patch for gcc 2.95.3
> that was supposed to fix the nsplugin crashes. It didn't though.
>
> Any Ideas? I'm really lost..
>
> Everything else (besides the plugins) seems to work well though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

Sorry for replying to my own post. Some further exploration makes it look
like I have a certain mail that crashes kmail. It crashes kmail about 90% of
the cases I select it. sometimes it doesn't though. If I can confirm that
it's actually this mail, it might be interesting for a kmail developer. It's
nothing special so I'd happily provide it.

Cheers,

Richard

> --
> ---
> http://www.richardstevens.de
>
> Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are.

- --
- ---