List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS newbie, please help!
From:       Roland Riegel <roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-06-28 20:03:58

First of all, thanks to all of you who replied!

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2001 20:00 schrieb Andreas Beckermann:
> On Thursday 28 June 2001 19:49, Roland Riegel wrote:
> > Hi all!
>
> Hi
>
> [...]
> Try
> cvs co -l kde-i18n
> cvs co kde-i18n/de
> ln -s kde-common/admin kde-i18n/admin
> Now you can always use
> cvs up kde-i18n/de
> to update.
>
> CU
> Andi

Thanks Andi!

I didn't know the -l option of cvs.

OK, I now have all the toplevel files like Makefile.cvs, etc.
But I have no kde-common directory. I tried co-ing this with CVS, but it
doesn't find this package. I remember it has something to do with cvsup and
isn't normally needed when using cvs co/up. So I tried copying it from
kdeadmin, as I thought the admin directory is always most the same.
But running "make -f Makefile.cvs" (which enters the admin dir) fails with

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
*** Postprocessing Makefile templates
*** Building in af
/bin/sh: cd: af: No such file or directory
*** Building in az
/bin/sh: cd: az: No such file or directory
*** Building in bg
/bin/sh: cd: bg: No such file or directory
[...]
*** Building in de
*** Building in el
/bin/sh: cd: el: No such file or directory
[...]
/bin/sh: cd: tr: No such file or directory
*** Building in uk
/bin/sh: cd: uk: No such file or directory
*** Building in wa
/bin/sh: cd: wa: No such file or directory
*** Building in zh_CN.GB2312
/bin/sh: cd: zh_CN.GB2312: No such file or directory
*** Building in zh_TW.Big5
/bin/sh: cd: zh_TW.Big5: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [cvs-local] Error 1
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there a possibility for getting kde-common via cvs or do I have to use
cvsup for this?

Thank you,
Roland