List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole scrolling
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-27 21:28:58

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2001 20:49, Christopher Willmot wrote:
> > Why has the scrolling in konsole been turned off?  I really miss it.
>
> Settings->History
> then
> Settings->Save Options

I don't think, it's acceptable, that the default is changed to not provide
a history anymore.  This was in konsole from the beginning, and in fact a
terminal without history is basically worthless.  Make a history of say
5000 lines the default, then everone will be happy again, and the
questions how to 1) turn on history, and 2) how to make that permanent
will stop..  Even if you decide not to do this (don't ;-)  ) at least for
the beta it would be better to activate it by default for testing the
code.

Ciao,
Michael.