List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Possible bug in KDoubleNumInput
From:       mcamen () t-online ! de (Marcus Camen)
Date:       2001-06-27 20:56:05

Hi all,

when using KDoubleNumInput the user may set a label with
void KDoubleNumInput::setLabel(QString label, int a).

http://www.ph2.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~camen/kde/index.html
shows three different images:
1.) no call to setLabel at all
2.) setLabel("ScalM1")
3.) setLabel("ScalM1", AlignLeft | AlignVCenter)
All widgets are kept inside a vertical layout.

Ok, with 1.) everything is fine.

In 2.) the label is placed on top of the other widgets, so the total height
of the KDoubleNumInput is bigger. Ok.

In 3.) the label is placed on the left. But as you can see, there is some
unnecessary space below the widget which make the app look a bit
strange.

So, is this by design? Or is it a bug?

PS: I played a little with the code of kdelibs/kdeui/tests/knuminputtest
and it seems to me that KIntNumInput show the same problem as
KDoubleNumInput.

Regards....