List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt/Windows Available Under New Non-Commercial License
From:       Travis Cole <kelp () vegetational ! org>
Date:       2001-06-27 19:45:23

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:21:36PM -0700, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 04:05 pm, Richard Stevens wrote:
> >
> > Jeez, sometimes the GPL can be a bitch...
>
> :-)
>
> Yes, but then again if KDE was all under BSD we might be floored when M$
> revealed thier next snazzy desktop... and it was KDE. They already have the
> tcp/ip stack from BSD in W2K. Although LGPL is a bit more open to other
> options.

Not that I've contributed anything to KDE, so I don't have a lot of
room to talk...  But I wouldn't mind much if windows sucked less.  If
KDE was the snazzy new windows desktop, it would make my life better.

I have to use windows for some stuff at work, and that would definatly
make things more plesant :)

--
-Travis <kelp@vegetational.org>