List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: log for kamera
From:       Alex Liu <aliu () telostech ! com>
Date:       2001-06-25 16:45:36

Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> On Friday 22 June 2001 23:55, you wrote:
> > Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> > > [Kamera Settings]
> > > Driver=Nikon CoolPix 950
> > > Path=/dev/ttyS1
> >
> > Can you try:
> > Path = serial:/dev/ttyS1
>
> Thanks this works, but some remarks
>
> * to prefix Path with serial is not very intuitive since the port is also
> defined as serial. gtkam prvides comboboxes to select port and speed. So the
> user (me ;-) can not enter wrong information

gphoto2 support auto-detected ports functions (try --list-ports), I propose
implement that feature into kcontrol, when he/she selects serial port check box,

kcontrol will display current avaible device list for him/her instead input
manually.

> * I get sometimes the message "Corrupted data" mainly if I start camera:/
>   if I start camera:/DCIM  it seems to work always

Can please you post this log file ?

> * the ioslaves persists a little time so changes to the settings in kcontrol
> seem  not to be applied immediately - ( I am not very sure about this though)

Yes, that could happened. Changing in kcontrol will save to kioslaverc file
after
you push OK and Apply button. ioslave will read config from that file so will be

some  delay but not very long. Any suggestion?

Regards
Alex