List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror - strange loading of pages
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-27 12:33:26

On Wednesday 27 June 2001 13:25, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 June 2001 11:13, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > > Moin Nils!

> Hi!
>   I'm also experiencing exactly the same problem with konqueror hanging,
> but I've found another way of reviving it - switching to the console mode
> (Ctrl-Alt-Fx) and then back to X. Konqueror then continues to operate.
>   It's interesting that other parts of KDE are working just perfectly -
> noatun plays its music, amor walks through the windows - only konqueror
> is dead.

Indeed - your way of curing the problem also works!

Anyway, since I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, it actually
*seems to be there* this time. Now we should probably try to find out what's
causing it and what can be done about it. I mean, I think it's probably not
the kind of behavior that should go into the final release of 2.2 if
something can be done about it...

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland - nils@nightcastleproductions.org
NightCastle Productions - Linux in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org
"Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance -
I hope you dance!"