List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Quanta
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2001-06-25 19:33:31

On Monday 25 June 2001 03:47 am, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > * Folding text capability
> > * Code completion (especially for PHP)
> > * Full PHP language builder tool
>
> Looks very similar to kdevelop/parts/phpsupport/TODO...
>
> Bernd.

Yes, I had noticed that. ;-)

Of course having "intended to have done it longer" doesn't mean a lot. It
looks like some very nice stuff going into Gideon. The difference being
though that while Kdevelop will do those things nicely and diversely Quanta
will be tightly focused exclusivly around developing mark up language
documents primarily focused on web use (with a strong PHP focus). Our intent
is to merge the document and programming models. As I perceive it one might
lean to using Kdevelop for PHP if the program and need to do some web work
but if they are primarily web oriented or do production web development they
would gravitate to Quanta. Of course with the pace of Kdevelop the first
issue is to keep up. ;-)

There are a number of other things to add too... it would be really great to
be able to plug in Cervisia for instance. That is one of my favorite tools
and I use it extensivley for web work.

Anyway I have been looking at the Gideon framework... Very interesting. Maybe
there might be some collaboration and code sharing on the web stuff?
--
Eric Laffoon                    sequitur@kde.org
A member of the Quanta+ Web development team