List:       kde-devel
Subject:    re: SOLVED: meinproc crashes .....
From:       Thomas Leitner <tom () radar ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-06-25 5:52:02

> On Sunday 24 June 2001 21:09, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> > However, I still get the output below when running meinproc in
> > kdebase/doc/kate. Is this o.k. ?
>
> No. You're mixing KDEs, you have a wrong prefix,
> or you have an outdated ksycoca in place (due to upgrading kde
> without restarting it).
>
> Try kbuildsycoca if you're in the latter case, otherwise fix your setup :}

I get this output while logged in remotely to the workstation and KDE is
running locally on the same machine. But this shouldn't make any
different, IMHO. Also I'm not mixing any KDE versions. I just build KDE
from sources as I used to do it numerous times in the past. I've specified
/usr/local/kde22 as the $prefix and that's it.

Is it possible the "meinproc" (whatever this stands for anyway) suddenly
tries to touch my KDE setup in my $HOME directory? If yes, this is weird
and should not happen, IMHO.

Which files are affected by meinproc and kbuildsycoca anyway?

Thanks // Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom@radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://www.radar.tugraz.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net