List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Overwrite query(was Re: Patch and questions)
From:       Anatoli Gorchetchnikov <anatoli () cns ! bu ! edu>
Date:       2001-06-23 17:33:56

On Saturday 23 June 2001 10:52 am, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > How about including it now, but making it a switch inside
> > KFileDialog and turn the feature off by default? Having it
> > switchable makes sense for KDE3 as well. I can think of many
> > situations, where I want the application to decide what to
> > do when a file with the same name exists (like ftp, where
> > you want an option to append)
>
> right. We can add that right after the freeze for KDE 2.2.

Making a switch to ask or not to ask whether to overwrite does
not seem hard, but considering that various apps indeed can
do much more than just overwrite, it seems that the current
version does the right thing leaving it to the app. It is not so
easy to predict all possible actions for all possible apps, am I
right?

--
WBR,

TAnGorN