List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Installing KDE from CVS and permissions
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-23 11:53:41

On Saturday 23 June 2001 12:45, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > Any ideas what has changed and causes this? I didn't change my
> > procedure for updating KDE, and so I think KDE itself must have
> > changed.
> >
> yes, i added this. as you said, it breaks non-root installations, so it
> must be changed somehow. i'm working on this.

You could simply add a '-' before the line that installs that file,
so that if it fails, it will ignore the error, and move on without aborting.

For people that don't use kdm (or use an older version of it), it doesn't
matter much if it installs well or not. For those who do, they should run
make install as root anyway. Hmm, but it won't make it easy to see the error,
in case you actually use kdm...
Maybe a global --without-kdm might be a better idea then ?