Hi, On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:37:01PM -0400, George Staikos wrote: > On Friday 22 June 2001 16:28, Igor Gilitschenski wrote: > > Hi, > > > > A co-worker of mine pointed my attention at a possible Security problem > > in Konqueror today. > > While connecting to a i.e. Self-certified SSL site, you don't recieve a > > warning. You surely question, what the problem about this is. > > The point is the following: This makes an eventual man in the Middle > > attack possbile. > > Yes you are correct. So how can this problem be solved? I'm not experienced with KIO, yet, but it is AFAIK responsible for this. Does the https module have a CERT manager (i haven't found a general one for KDE)? If the only point is a warning, then this one could be included into the KIO module, couldn't it? Igor -- "Die Wirklichkeit ist nicht die Wahrheit" - Realitaetspinzip, 1983, Erich Fried >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<