List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problems with Flash Plugin support
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz-home () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2001-06-22 15:32:58

Hi,

A friend of mine is trying to put some machines with KDE in a museum and show
some flash arts - instead of using MSIE...

So he asked me to try how's konqueror before he's implementing this (he
doesn't know Linux very much and he is very short on budget)...

So I took Konqueror for testing (cvs version) with flash movies based web
sites. Konqueror shows most of them ok - but with one problem..

When a site tried to open a flash in all of the window - or when a site opens
a full screen window and trying to show flash - then you get only 1 line of
pixels instead of all the flash...

I tracked it to this code:

marginheight="0">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" scale="exactfit"></p>

you can check it for example at: www.tombraidermovie.com - click on the big
"enter" - select english and high speed - you will see a full screen and a
short intro of the movie. then after it's finish it will open a full screen
konq. and then you'll see the line which I was talking about...

KDE CVS from yesterday.

Could someone help please?

Thanks,
Hetz