List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kde's fifth toe
From:       Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY () OBERTHURCS ! com>
Date:       2001-06-22 14:05:15

	Hi,

There are good applications that are developed outside kde. We
could perhaps help the authors of these to get more users.  After all, even
if
they are not in kde's cvs, they are kde apps.

I am not sure but I think this is what is under the concept of Gnome's fifth
toe.

Anyway, what do you think of this way of making third party apps known ?

The author of an application would have to ask for its application to be
included. And the app should compile with the latest released kde and be
stable.

We would then distribute a big achives of all these apps.

I am thinking about applications like boson, kdbg or quanta, that are quite
good but deserve to get more attention.

	regards,

	Philippe