List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K-Menu: Now you see it, now you don't
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-22 7:32:33

On Thursday 21 June 2001 22:48, Matthias Elter wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2001 21:13, Nils Holland wrote:

> > > Yes, I know what you mean. I must say though, that I don't see this
> > > behaviour anymore in recent versions. I'm not sure if it is fixed or
> > > whether my config has changed after playing with KPersonalizer :-]
> >
> > The issue is getting clearer now: I only get this behavior on one out of
> > my two machines, even though these machines are running the same KDE code
> > (=from the same CVS update operation, but compiled individually on both
> > machines). So, Matthias was totally right saying that this problem is not
> > a kicker issue. Probably some part of my configuration is messed up, but
> > that's my personal problem and I'm glad to see that it's not a KDE bug
> > I've been talking about all of the time ;-)
>
> No you got me wrong. While I think that it is not a kicker bug this does
> not mean it is a problem of your configuration. I think it is a QPopupMenu
> bug.

Ok, ok, this seems to be right then. As Wilco has said, it seems that it was
introduced with QT 2.3.1. Since I saw it on one of my machine out of two, I
had a look what was the differenced between the software on these machine.
The machine with the problem is using 2.3.1, the one without it uses 2.3.
Both use the same KDE code. Now, I have done some re-compiling of KDE and QT
for testing purposes, and indeed, when I use 2.3, the problem is not there,
but with 2.3.1, it is there. That seems to explain it finally...

Thanks for your help! - it took a while for me to figure this out ;-)

Nils

Nils Holland - nils@nightcastleproductions.org
NightCastle Productions - Linux in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org
"Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance -
I hope you dance!"