List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: liquid
From:       John Schmidt <jgs1960 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-21 4:04:32

Till Krech wrote:
> learn social engineering - not only software engineering.
>
> I personally think this whole sad situation could have been avoided.
> Now the styles are beeing readded. This could have been done earlier and this
> act of removal would have been a symbolic one.
>
> Yes, I can understand mosfet up to a certain point although I do not agree
> with his reactions. Whatever you develop open source, you donate once and can
> not take it away again. And why was he told to remove pixie ? I cannot
> believe that this wasn't also an emotional reaction.
>
> Did anyone contact mosfet personally ?
>
> Sorry for this reply, I'm feeling really bad.

I'm not sure of the whole story but SOUNDS like he didn't want to live within the
generally accepted guidelines of managing software, apologies if I'm wrong.  But
"taking toys and going home" is not going to go very far in the "real world" either!
If he's frustrated/pissed off now, I'd like to see how he'd do working for a
commercial software shop.  I had a feature I and just about everybody else except
the Product Manager believed would be good to put in a product I previously worked
on.  He THOUGHT only IBM and Compuware would have use for it.  Took 2 years but my
idea made it in last September AFTER he left the company.  Many times I wanted to
quit or go work on to another product but in time it worked itself out.  Moral:
things don't always go your way unless you're self employed AND you don't give a
rats ass about your customers.  BTW, I'm still learning this!

regards,
--
John Schmidt                    | "face piles of trials with smiles, it riles
EcoTOOLS Development            | them to believe that you perceive the web