List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror "feature"
From:       deltasoftware () t-online ! de (Thomas Strauss)
Date:       2001-06-20 10:53:34

On Wednesday, 20. June 2001 12:11, Cristi Dumitrescu wrote:

> Seems that there is another small bug in Konqueror. When I have a form that
> has no submit button and no action, but only an input field, hitting enter
> while the focus is on the input field will reload the page.
> The same action in IE or NN doesn't do anything.
>
> Example of html code triggering this:
> <form name="hg" method="post">
>     <input type='text' name='user' value=''/>
> </form>

Netscape does the very same thing, as you can verify using a get url.

This is, btw, correct: If you have only an input-text field, the browsers
usually replace the submit-button with the enter-key in the textfield. IE/NS
do it this way and I dont think it is standardized somewhere.

You left out the action-url in your form-declaration, so the action gets set
to the current page. Form processing is defined as submitting the encoded
form-contents using the given method (post in your case, get in mine) to the
action url.

So, in my opinion, this is exactly what is supposed to happen.

Regards
   Thomas

--
Thomas Strauß    | "He breathed in the chill kelp-and-salt scent of the beach;
LeipzigerStr 61  |  the intense familiarity of the scent triggered a million

["test.html" (text/html)]

<form>
<input type=text name=blank value="something special">
</form>