List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and smtp-auth
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () magnifire ! net>
Date:       2001-06-20 7:39:22

> as george pointed out this is handled by kio_smtp.. i've got support for it
> in kmail pretty well completely implemented. unfortunately, while i was
> coding it (some time ago now) there were some technical issues w/regard to
> kio_smtp and configuration. as it took a fair amount of time for the kmail
> and kio_smtp maintainers to agree on a final solution and implement it, i
> got sidetracked with something else.

Ahha, I see.

> now we are in a feature freeze, so i'm guessing it will have to wait for
> post-2.2 (oops!). i will finish support for kio_smtp in kmail at that point
> and give it to the kmail maintainers for (*knock on wood*) aproval, unless
> you really really need it sooner than that in which case i could probably
> finish it up by spending time on it this weekend or the next and send you a
> patch to tide you over till 2.3......

Well, I'm trying to find a way here to tell sendmail that people inside the
companies (IP's 192.168.x.x) will not be need to use the SMTP-AUTH, and only
people outside will...

The developers here have got used to kmail including our CTO, and the choices
he told me I have is either kmail with smtp-auth or outlook under VMWare (I
know what you're thinking...)

So if you could add the support for smtp-auth to kmail - I'll be more then
appericiateful to you.

Thanks,
Hetz