List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm/backend needs getsecretkey()
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-06-20 2:26:47

> > Todays kdm/backend needs getsecretkey() which doesn't seem to be available
> > here under Tru64 Unix.
> whoops ...
>
> > The client.c file compiles (almost) without warnings so it must be
> > defined somewhere. However, I can't figure out in which library it
> > resides, it if is available anyway!
> >
> did you grep through all libraries?
> getsecretkey is related to secure_rpc (nis+ more or less, afaik).
> maybe, libsec or libauth?

Hi!
  I also have problems with this. My system contains getsecretkey (in glibc 2.1.3)
but it doesn't work because I never configured NIS+ nor secure_rpc in any way.
  This causes a nasty delay of exactly 60 s when kdm calls it.
  Using getsecretkey() is implied by the presence of rpc/rpc.h header file -
if present, autoconf adds -DSECURE_RPC and kdm starts using it.
I already contacted Oswald about it and he think it's ok and that my system
is misconfigured :-( because it works well on his system :-) :-) :-)
  I didn't find any documentation about this function in info package for glibc.
I read directly the source and this function together with getpublickey() is
commented with a one-line comment "Get keys from key server" or something similar.
And what if I don't have any key server ? I even tried to put line
rpc: files
in /etc/nsswitch.conf (there was no rpc: entry at all) but it didn't
shorten the time needed for getsecretkey to find that there isn't any secret key
available...
                                   With regards, Pavel Troller