List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_help searchs /usr/share/doc instead of ${prefix}/share/doc
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-19 21:44:24

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 00:31, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 June 2001 02:40 pm, Achim Bohnet wrote:
>
> > But why is /etc/kderc hardcoded in kconfigbackend.cpp?
> > What's wrong $(sysconfdir)?
>
> And what if you have two installs? One stable and one cvs.

Then don't use /etc/kderc, there are plenty of other ways to enter prefixes
(e.g. $KDEDIRS).
The advantage of /etc/kderc is that it's standard. Have a look at the
koffice's "install from source" instructions, there I say that if you install
koffice into a different prefix, you simply have to add two lines to /etc/kderc.

sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc
Hey, this is a recursive problem, isn't it ? If I have to add prefixes to
something that's inside a prefix, how does KDE know it has to look there ?

--
Per his initials, God was simply a "Great Oop Developer" (Richard Bos)