List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm out of order
From:       Alan Chandler <alan () chandlerfamily ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-19 0:13:48

On Monday 18 June 2001 7:59 pm, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > I just did the same - and got xdm as the service.
>
> obviously you have configured --with-pam=xdm

Actually I hadn't - but I had cheated - see previous post

I've finally got kdm working after doing a make clean on kdebase and then
starting again from scratch.

Two problems seem to have emerged - which I fixed by manual editing.  Don't
know if I am still doing something wrong, or there is genuine bug.

The sample kdmrc has session names which include kde2, so the Xsession script
tries to start "startkde2" which does not exist. (its startkde)

--

  Alan - alan@chandlerfamilly.org.uk
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk