List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Parts vs plugins and extending non-gui portions of an application.
From:       Anatoli Gorchetchnikov <anatoli () cns ! bu ! edu>
Date:       2001-06-18 21:25:46

I might be wrong, but so far I've chosen KParts for general
frameworks (model of visual system or model of goal driven
navigation) and KPart::Plugins to contain the particular neural
implementation of the model (which would be algorithm in your
case). Seems quite flexible so far. And AFAIK Plugins are only
kept in memory when you actually use them, so you don't waste
resources.

On Monday 18 June 2001 04:50 pm, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote about
"Parts vs plugins and extending non-gui portions of an
application.":

--
WBR,

TAnGorN