List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Gcc 3.0
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2001-06-18 19:36:58

On Monday 18 June 2001 19:56, Mathieu Chouinard wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody have compiled KDE 2.2alpha2 with GCC 3.0?
> Mathieu

I have compiled cvs-head some days ago, with a recent CVS snapshot of gcc
(about 4 to 5 days old). It compiles, but at least konqueror and ksirc
crash somewhere in malloc.c and I haven't yet had time to figure out if it's
a gcc problem or a kde problem. However, this test may not be representative
because a) I didn't compile with the release compiler, b) my testing platform
is 64bit (alpha) and neither know I if gcc is any good on this platform nor
know I if kde has a problem with it.

regards,
	Matthias