List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multithreaded application development
From:       Aurelien Gateau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-06-17 21:40:41

Le Dimanche 17 Juin 2001 17:05, David Faure a écrit :
> Yes, they are even available as KParts components (so you don't need them
> when linking, only at runtime).
> But you would get some UI for file management together with them,
> and you would have to either disable it, or implement some of the stuff
> Konqueror does (like the standard actions etc.).
> It might be better so simply use KFileViews (from the file dialog)
> together with a preview job (not sure, I have never used a kfileview,
> but Carsten will speak up hopefullly :)

I think KFileView is more adapted to what I want, but I did not find the
preview job (kdelibs/kio/previewjob.*) you mentionned in kdelibs-2.1.1. Is
this only in CVS ? If it is, then I won't be able to use it since Gwenview is
supposed to work with stable KDE releases :o). I will have a look at it
anyway...

Aurélien