List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Taskbar "Group Similar Tasks"
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-17 18:42:05

On Sunday 17 June 2001 18:51, Matthias Elter wrote:

> > (I understand that XMMS is not a KDE application, but still KDE should
> > properly show it up in its taskbar).
>
> Seems like an xmms issue. Perhaps the latest xmms does not set the
> transient hint for dialogs like the equalizer. Send me the output of xprop
> on the xmms windows please.
>
> Matthias
>
> P.S.: My xmms 1.2.4 shows up as one taskbar entry.

You're right... There doesn't really seem to be a problem. When I restarted
XMMS, it also showed up as one entry on my machine. I wonder why I obviously
had three entries once, as can be seen in the screenshot. After some trying,
I came to the conclusion that the answer is simple: I made some changes in
the KControl Center and the panel/taskbar was re-started. Seems that after
that happens, XMMS indeed shows up as three entries. However, this is most
likely not really a bug of any sort and not something that needs to be fixed.

Greetings
Nils