List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kword, multiple columns and text around images...
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-17 10:27:31

Hi folks,

in Kword I got from CVS yesterday, I have seen a thing that somehow doesn't
seem to be right. Probably it's already known, but I still thought I'd write
a message about it.

To reproduce the problem, do the following:

1) Create a blank Kword document

2) Create two culumns by hand. Make sure that these columns are connected, so
that text not fitting into the first one gets wrapped into the second one.

3) Create a graphics frame in the middle of these columns and put whatever
graphic you like in there.

4) Enter or paste some text into the text columns, until the first one is
full and the second one is started to be used.

Well, on my machine, the text in the first text column will now flow around
the graphic, just as expected. As soon as the second column is started to be
used, however, the text in there appears behind the graphic.

I have tried all kinds of things to also make the text in the second column
flow around the graphic, but nothing seemed to work here. So I wonder: Is
this a bug? Possibly I have missed some option I should have used, but I
tried for 20 minutes without success, so it could well be that something's
really wrong.

Greetings
Nils