List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of Pixie?
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-06-16 22:46:16

On Saturday 16 June 2001 10:24 pm, mosfet wrote:
> I also really wouldn't suggest forking my code and reimporting into CVS.
> If developers decide they want to do something else with their
> applications and remove it from the KDE packages, and you decide to fork
> it and import unofficial and unmaintained versions, your asking for a
> lot more problems. Putting applications in CVS without the authors
> permission or consent is a bad idea, and it would be better for users
> for them to use RPM's of official versions, not a KDE CVS fork.

If you wanted this kind of control over you users, where you can dictate
how and when it gets modified and distributed, you really chose the wrong
place to distribute your code.  C|Net's archives are a much better place
for Windows shareware-style software releases, than the KDE CVS repository.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com