List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of Pixie?
From:       Chris Howells <chris () chrishowells ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-16 18:29:03

mosfet wrote:

> Nothing really code-wise. The only real benefit of keeping Pixie in CVS
> was the translators and documenters, who do a really good job, but they
> don't have to work outside of KDE CVS. It will still use KDE
> documentation and translations format if they still wish to contribute.

You forget (IMHO) about the most important areas -- the users. Do you
really think it's going to benefit them? I'm not a developer due to a
lack of time learning Qt/C++, although I do help with bits like
koffice.org, so I would certainly class my self as a user.

Even if Pixie is available elsewhere from KDE (like and independent
CVS), I'm probably wouldn't bother using it. I'm also wouldn't bother
testing it to report bugs, etc.

Same goes for the styles -- what about those running kdelibs CVS who
updated and discovered the styles weren't available, and they would need
to be obtained elsewhere?

I have no intention of getting involved in any flame war, and I hope I
have not caused any offence, but that's just my £0.02.

--
Cheers,
Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, chrish@gmx.co.uk