List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of Pixie?
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-16 17:27:50

Tell that to the release maintainer... and calling me a "5yr old" isn't
really an effective way to convince me to work with you guys anymore,
either ;-)

People can of course still of course contribute translations,
documentation and bugfixes, and I'll probably set up a CVS independent
of KDE. These contributions are very welcome and important, but other
than minor bugfix contributions they are the *only* contributions made.
Nothing really code-wise. The only real benefit of keeping Pixie in CVS
was the translators and documenters, who do a really good job, but they
don't have to work outside of KDE CVS. It will still use KDE
documentation and translations format if they still wish to contribute.

I also really wouldn't suggest forking my code and reimporting into CVS.
If developers decide they want to do something else with their
applications and remove it from the KDE packages, and you decide to fork
it and import unofficial and unmaintained versions, your asking for a
lot more problems. Putting applications in CVS without the authors
permission or consent is a bad idea, and it would be better for users
for them to use RPM's of official versions, not a KDE CVS fork.