List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Removal of Pixie?
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz-home () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2001-06-16 2:42:31

Hi,

The following statement which I write is based on the CVS logs which appears
on lists.kde.org.

According to the CVS logs, Mosfet has been removing all the styles that he
wrote...

an example: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=99265267606254&w=2

After that - Waldo has commented here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=99265409108674&w=2 that "I think it is
better that you remove pixie from cvs as well"

Mosfet reaction: "Removing Pixie, since Waldo, the KDE release maintainer, is
being an ****." - URL: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=99265506810382&w=2

Mosfet - I'm sorry - but as all people who will browse the kde cvs lists will
see - this is not a professional behavior - and I personally would like you
to re-consider putting Pixie back.

People - if there is one thing that the KDE Desktop enviroments is enjoying -
is a professional behavior (most of the time) and the seriousness of people
to co-operate and develop together. We surely don't need any typical Gnome
behaviour that appeared on this list few months ago by one of their leaders
(and I think everyone know who is he).

I would like to add a personal point to all the young developers. I'm 33
years old - and I've been in the computer business for 18 years now. Sure -
you can piss everyone from here to Katmandu - but when a company would like
to hire one of you to write them a piece of software - they will look at
these lists and judge by themselves wether to hire this person or not.
Childish behavior here will definately kill any credits you'll have - no
matter how fast/smart/genious you are and how great your code looks. KDE is
being used more and more by companies inside and those companies will need
people to write KDE apps or infrastructure. Please remember that.

I'm not really looking to offend anyone here - but I do expect professional
behaviour from people - like it was used to be so far.

Thanks,
Hetz