List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QT-2.3.1
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-06-15 21:06:03

Hi list!

compilation of qt-2.3.1 is ready! So far, so good!
I am interested in the 75dpi-fixed-QFont-thing. I know there are some hacks
in KOffice to be dpi-independent. David, this new QT-release does _not_ solve
the printing problems so far. Printing of a KWord-document on an 109x108dpi
screen is to small. (koffice-cvs from today, XFree 4.1, NVidia-1251)
I hoped that with this release font-scaling on a non-75-dpi screen is
smoother, too, but it isnt. On my screen the diffenence between Arial 11pt
and Arial 12pt is like switching from typeface normal to bold :-( Or is this
a X11-thing?

Bye

 Thorsten