List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KNode from CVS: -lkdenetwork, and instability with kdelibs 2.2alpha2
From:       Mathias Waack <mathias () atoll-net ! de>
Date:       2001-06-15 11:56:21

On Friday 15 June 2001 13:35, Chris Howells wrote:
> While trying to build knode (I didn't want to upgrade all of
> kdenetwork so I just did 'cd knode && make' to just compile knode),
> I get the following error:
>

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lkdenetwork
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [knode] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anonkdecvs/kdenetwork/knode'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

KNode uses some libs which are build in different subdirs under
kdenetwork (currently this are mimelib and libkdenetwork). It should
be enough to first build this dirs (make and make install) and after
that knode should be ready to compile.

Mathias

PS: kde-devel is not a list for user support, you'd better ask in the
Usenet next time