List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE codeing style guide?
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2001-06-14 16:27:53

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Rob Kaper wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 06:54:07PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > I still wish there was a way to force people to put spaces around
> > operators, line up code where appropriate for readability, use
> > initialisation lists, initialise pointers to 0L, stop using GTK, stop
> > disagreeing with me, shut up and leave me alone...
>
> Funny, I think it's exactly the GTK programmers not on this list who leave
> you alone the most. :-)

:-)

Honestly, the only way to go in a huge project like KDE is to let
everybody use whatever they want to - as long as they code their own
sub-project. If you mess with someone else's pet project you are bound to
use their style.

Any other rule beyond this is counter-productive. Let everyone code the
way they feel at home with.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel:  +264 - 61 - 249249
P.O.Box 30955                                    Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Windhoek                                                      uwe@kde.org
Republic of Namibia                                    http://www.kde.org