List:       kde-devel
Subject:    colorschemes
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-12 16:33:52

Hi,

As I was playing with the colorschemes once again, I noticed it's rather
impossible to use a dark colorscheme (say, inverted standard scheme) at the
moment. The problems I'm encountering with a dark scheme are the following :

- look&feel|colors shows that when using for example black as the window
background color, the groupbox lines around "widget color", "contrast" etc
disappear, as they stay black as well. Windows inverts those lines
accordingly. I think this is just widgetstyle dependent, as the KDE default
style is one of the few themes keeping those lines dark in the situation
mentioned above.

- kicker's taskbar seems to keep using black as it's font color to display
the window names. I couldn't find an option to make it comply to the rest of
the color settings.

- form fields and buttons in konqueror webbrowsing mode look _very_ ugly
(forms sometimes not even showing text being typed into the fields) with a
dark theme, as most of the webpages expect a light desktop colorscheme. Also,
some webpages don't set the background color, so when using a dark scheme
fonts will disappear on some pages (configurable option just for khtml
perhaps ?).

- Some icons, not many though, are anti-aliased to white. Also, there are
quite a few icons that are completely black, so also not showing up when
using a dark (black) background. For example, some of the icons in the window
RMB menu.

Any ideas ? Comments ?

Jelmer Feenstra