List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: why changing keys now?
From:       <boud2 () rempt ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-11 13:26:01

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Neil Stevens wrote:

> What's special about the completely random key sequence of Alt-F4?.  It's
> only virtue is that some of us (including me) are now hard-wired to use it
> due to prolonged exposure to Windows.

Or to prolonged exposure to KDE.

Seriously, the number of people who get confused when sitting down to
Gnome due to the fact that all their running applications disappear when
they press ALT-F4 to close the current app (it switches to the fourth,
and probably empty, desktop) is quite substantial, to judge from what I
witness daily at our office, where there's an equal mix of windows, KDE
and Gnome users.