List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: newsticker won't compile (was newsticker eats cycles)
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2001-06-10 15:28:58

On Sonntag, 10. Juni 2001 17:20, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:31:19 -0700
> >
> > I tried it... but I must have been pretty tired because now I'm wondering
> > why I tried it. The error is below but I could have guessed. The header
> > file mentioned above is *not* there. I commented it out too and then it
> > still croaks so I'm guessing someone forgot to add and commit it with
> > other files.
>
> I'm afraid that I'm the one to blame for the missing newsengine.* files.
> I was struggling with a weird problem with doubly defined classes and
> found that they (NewsSourceBase) was defined in common/newsengine.* as
> well as a file in kdenewsticker (can't remember the name now). The
> solution for the multiply defined symbols was to remove the newsengine.*
> Files from common because they were apparently not needed, so I've
> removed those files.
>
> Now, for reasons I don't understand, they are needed again!!
Well, looks like you hit the problem while they were being moved _to_
common/, so they were needed, just that the ones from knewsticker/
had not been removed and the Makefile.am's changed yet :)

> I've moved the files back from the Attic. I'm terribly sorry for the
> confusion!!!!
Thanks, still they only get downloaded if you expcilitly specify their names
(see my last message).
-Malte
--
Wars don't determine who's right, only who's left.