List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Preparing for KDE2.2beta1
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-08 16:06:14

Hi :-)

> Just read your mail concerning the freeze, which
> has already started.

Well according  to

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-2.2-release-plan.html

HEAD will be feature-frozen on June 11.
This date has been known for long and I know several people who have been
working towards this date.
I think it makes no sense to have a release-plan if we start to prepone
things.
Therefore I would "interprete" Waldo's mail of today that nobody should
_start_ to work on new features today. But on the other side it's ok to
_finish_ existing ones, if you can make sure that they will be finished by
Monday.

> There are two things I'd like to see in KDE
> 2.2(Beta/final) tough, which I'm working on, but
> are not finished yet, but would be on Sunday

> 1) Sidebar TNG (konqueror, as alternative to the
> normal sidebar)

Yes, an improved sidebar in the style qwertz requested would be a remarkable
feature and probably the only obvious change to Konqueror's GUI which would
be reported about in a review. So PR-wise this would be quite important.
Also the sidebar has already been "announced" on
dot.kde.org/KDE-Kernel-Traffic (at least quite some people get the impression
that it is already finished in KDE-CVS). So I guess it's ok to work on this
one if it works flawlessly on Monday :-)

Also the KPersonalizer-people have been working towards finishing
KPersonalizer on Sunday/Monday. This is another must-have-feature for KDE 2.2.

Greetings,
Tackat