List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unable to build kdebase
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-06-07 11:57:33

Eric,

I had similar problems on my Debian Sid installation which I fixed by editing
kdebase/libtools.  I'm not a mandrake user, so don't know how your normal KDE
package is set up, but maybe you could check out the following:
Does /opt/kde2/lib contain the libs for your non-CVS kde package?  If so,
that'd explain part of why you're getting the errors you're getting: old libs
are being linked against.

If that's the case, you could do the following:

1) open kdebase/libtool for editing
2) search for "path_spec="
3) add the directory to the beginning of the list, into which your kdelibs
CVS installs it's libs (not /opt/kde2/libs).
4) rm kdebase/kicker/core/*.la
5) compile again

Four lines will show up in the search.  You probably only need to edit two of
them, but i don't know which two.

"grep 'path_spec=' libtool" on my system now gives the following output:

sys_lib_search_path_spec="/usr/local/kde-cvs/lib /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib"
sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/usr/local/kde-cvs/lib /lib /usr/lib"
sys_lib_search_path_spec="/usr/local/kde-cvs/lib /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib"
sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/usr/local/kde-cvs/lib /lib /usr/lib"

Good Luck,
Ellis