List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Guitar program
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-06-07 9:33:31

Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 June 2001 23:49, Jono Bacon wrote:
>
> > I really hope this discussion can be the inspiration for the creation of a
> > really cool scoring program. Maybe the authors of KGuitar, Noteedit, Brahms
> > and Rosegarden could collaborate on a new scoring editor.
>
> For all it's worth, scoring is our primary focus, and so is (obviously)
> Noteedit's. Brahms already has a very decent scoring module, and has a
> plugin-based architecture.

I have the impression that Noteedit is more MIDI-oriented. Scoring is done by
3rd party software like MUP, PMX, MusixTeX, LyliPond, ... It convert the score
in correct format, but it still has to be processed by external tool. It doesn't
create ready-to-print scores by itself. But it may have changed, of course.

Michael.