List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Stepping down as Kafka maintainer, and a request
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-02 16:49:41

Hello all,

Last night  I stepped down as Kafka (kafka.kde.org) maintainer. The reason
for this is commitments to another KDE related project (Katalyst) that needs
my time.

Recently I have not been able to spend much time on Kafka, and I did not want
this to hurt the project. I mailed kde-kafka and I have offered the position
of maintainer to Niko Zimmerman, and he has accepted.

The reason for this post is that although I am proud that I have got Kafka
going again after its slowdown, and I am proud of the work of the Kafka team,
there are few developers on such a demanding project. Niko is one of the most
talented developers I have met (considering his age), but he needs some
assistence. This project could be of great importance to KDE as it is a piece
of software that many people have requested, but few have attempted.

If anyone can spend any time contributing to Kafka, I feel that it would a
very generous contribution to a worthy project. I really would like to see
this project prosper even though I cannot play a more active role.

Cheers,

	Jono