List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cvs get file ?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 22:49:38

On Thursday 31 May 2001 22:09, JES wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to get a specific version of a file out of cvs, but the only error I
> get is :
> cvs server: cannot find module `object.cpp' - ignored
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules
>
> Does anyone know how to do this ?

You get modules out of CVS, not single files.
cvs checkout <module> to checkout a complete module,
and then cvs update to update it.
cvs checkout -l <module> to only get the toplevel and then
check out specific subdirs of it.

If you really want a single file,
cvs checkout module/subdir/file should work, provided that you know
the complete path to it.
http://webcvs.kde.org comes to mind for that, too :)