List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE deleted all my bookmarks.  Bad info in dialog box.
From:       Arni Ingimundarson <arning () hrzpub ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 13:46:12

Hello.

I just want to point out a very anoying/bad info in a KDE (first time)
startup dialog box.

I installed redhat rawhide a few months ago (with KDE 2.1) and today I
updated KDE with redhats 7.1 KDE 2.1.1 rpms.  When I originaly switched to
KDE 2 from KDE 1 there were some KDE 1 configs files still around.

After I installed all KDE rpms and started KDE again I was confronted with a
dialog box saying KDE had found some KDE 1.x config files and offered me 3
the old config files I (sadly) choose that option.  I thought that loosing
some of my setup wouldn't be all bad and I would get a more cleaner setup.

Cleaner setup is the right phrase for it, because it delete everything in
.kde and Desktop, and with it all my bookmarks and files I had temporary
placed on my desktop.

Could someone please change this dialog text to indicate what really will be
done ?  Or at least not recommend removing the files without making a backup
first.

Otherwise a happy KDE user,
--
Arni