List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new startup notification code in cvs
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-05-31 3:03:27

> Doesn't seem to be a short coming.  99% of the time the user nows what
> app she tried to start.  The above seems to be adding a lot of complication
> for a little bit of gain.  Seems like all I've heard users request is an >
> equivalent
> to what is implemented in other systems, at least that is what I've heard >
> from
> the people I now that use KDE.

I completely agree.  I believe that what users want is something simple that
indicates that the machine is busy. I dont believe a user really cares
specifically what application is busy...I feel the user needs to be informed
of some activity on the machine...and a spinning gear will take the tried and
tested hourglass but tweak it to the KDE theme.

I think the the spinning gear will look elegent, and will not rely on the
panel being engaged if it is on hid or the taskbar is not enabled. It seems
to solve most problems with this (aleady huge) thread.

Although I am not coding this...lets agree on something before everyone gets
sick of the issue.

	Jono