List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kControl - File associations
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-05-30 22:26:19

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 10:12:58PM +0200, David Faure wrote:

> That sounds good to me. Only appearing when saving, and only for apps where
> it makes sense (the app has to provide the extension anyway). Hmm, but what
> about the case where multiple formats are supported ? Ok, then it's up to the
> app to actually handle that checkbox (adding the correct extension).

Right. This looks like we really need a "Saving"-mode in kfile, specifying
several things only relevant to a save-as dialog.

> I'm lost... Why not just add that checkbox to KFileDialog, optionnally ?
> It implements the whole dialog, no ?

Indeed it does ;) You're right, it's not really necessary for this. It's
just, there have been numerous requests for adding an extension-widget to
KFD. I found out about QDialog::setExtension() and tried to use it,
because it would place the checkbox exactly where I wanted it to have :)
Anyway, I guess I'm capable to add that to KFD's layout as well :)

StarOffice also has the "encrypt/decrypt" checkbox at the same place --
I guess we will need the same thing for KOffice?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer