List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: XML UI Framework
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-05-30 14:54:24

Heya,

> I am creating a KDE application and I have some(10) menu items I
> would like
> to add to my menubar.  Is there a way to do this without having to
> use a
> blahui.rc file?  There are some standard actions that I want to use,
> but the
> majority of the menu items I want to use are non-standard.  This is a
> database app and there are no vacuum, search, drop....etc actions in
> the
> KStdActions class.

When you say you don't want to use an .rc file, why don't don't you?
You are aware you can create your own actions arnt you? You can create
them using the KAction class and add your actions to actionCollection()
in which you can then embed them in your menus.

	Jono

Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] -- jono@kde.org
KDE/Qt Developer