List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kControl - File associations
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 11:35:57

On 30 05 2001 10:33, David Faure wrote:
snip

sorry if it came out as a koffice issue -
IMHO most users think in extensions and this makes life easier (at least up
to now).
So I want to come back on my question: Is there a need to make automatic
adding extension for KDE configurable?
As for me - Is still use command line tools like tar, rcp, rsync etc a lot
and would like to be able to access all user files selected by file type.
If it is up to the user to add extensions I know what I get - chaos.

BTW the question does not come up that clearly for editor (kedit,kant) ,
because (at least in theory) one can edit every file type with an editor.
AND I find it quit handy to have rc or config files named somehow like that
and NOT *.txt
just my 2c
--
cu