List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: big memory leak
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-29 17:51:18

> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:34:58PM +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just confirmed - going into
> > http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-tree.html - brings my machine to it's knees. I
> > had to reset the machine..
> >
> > It seems it's already being reported as bug #26174
> >
> > Could this bug get priority please?
> >
> > KDE CVS from last week, RH 7.1
> >
> Works for me with CVS, 28 May 01 2200 CST

Crashes for me, today's CVS from about 16:00 CET. Machine exhausted one Gig of mem
(512 MB RAM, 512 MB swap) in about 3 seconds. All the system went bananas until the task
was automatically killed, the system then recovered with no harm. In konqueror, before
it was killed, a beginning of the long page full of links has been shown. There was already
a scrollbar (with a small button i.e. long page). Gear was standing, the transfer rate
indication was frozen. It was impossible even to switch to the console mode. However,
mouse moved (but unable to click on anything of course).
                                                   With regards, Pavel Troller