List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intel Compiler Beta
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-29 9:21:51

Hi,

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Christoph Bartoschek wrote:

> after I've succeded in compiling qt-2.3.0, I wanted to compile KDE
> 2.1.1, but I could not convince any configure script to use the Intel
> compiler (icc).

Currently Intel's icc isn't able to produce shared libraries out of box,
and even if it was, it wouldn't support static objects.  Even if that
would work, libtool wouldn't support/know this compiler, so basically
don't try yet icc and KDE.  I've opened some issues with intel, and as
soon as icc is able to produce shared C++ libs, KDE might become
compilable with it.  Just wait.

Ciao,
Michael.